Sunday 27 July 2014

Coffee on your face?!?

Hello Beauties!!!!!

Hope your are all well and enjoying this lovely sun - and extreme, little too hot, heat (yes I moan about everything!)

Right so this week's post is a little bit of a 'look what I made' and a little bit of a 'PLEASE HELP ME!!'. Over the past week or so I have been on a sort of detox/health living type thing - drink loads of water, eating more fruit and veg (a little less crisps and dips!) and most painfully, dramatically reducing my caffeine intake. Now if you know me well enough you will know my body is probably made of around 50% tea, 30% coffee and 20% actual human-ness, so cutting down on my caffeine has been quite the journey, aside from my huge craving and probably slight shortness with other (apologies dear family and friends), my skin has decided to have a breakdown!



I know when you detox, your skin (and general feel goodness) gets a little worse before it gets better - I presume because it has a lifetime of junk food expel - but my skin has become horribly dry in some areas, and spotty and oily in others. This not only means I look rather odd without makeup but also means I look even worse when I do put it on *crying frustrated face* so I decided I'd try out some homemade scrubs and masks, and in my quest to find the best ingredients for completely given up skin, I stumbled across SOOOO many recipes using coffee - meaning I get a slight fix of caffeine and potentially help my skin! I made both a scrub and a mask using coffee and both honestly did wonders for my skin - so naturally I had to share them with you!!!!

Soil Scrub


What you'll need! And yes, that is a Ben 10 cup



MUD.. I mean er, coffee




Okay, so there no soil in this at all, it just looks like soil. The main ingredient for this is coffee grind, which is basically what is left when you make fresh coffee. I didn't actually have any of these but I do have a coffee maker so instead I pulled open a pod and mixed about a
teaspoon of hot water,  just until it looks soily. If you don't use a pod use about a tablespoon of grinds.




You then want to take half a cup of sugar - brown sugar is better, just because it adds a better texture -but I used white sugar which still worked and you're more likely to have lying around! Put that in the bowl and add a 1/4 cup of salt, a dash of honey (by a dash I mean a squeeze or a spoonful) and then add in the mud like coffee. Finally add the oil, I did this teaspoon at a time and still ended up putting too much in and had to add more sugar so be cautious when doing this!


While it does look good, it does good!


All you do then is mix it up until you get a lovely mud coloured scrub and apply this to a clean face.

Looking urm good?



Choco-coffee Face Mask


Simple ingredient!


This is how thick I made mine!
This time it is what it says on the tin! This mask is lovely and thick but as a warning it is a little bit of a pain to get off so its a lovely excuse to invest some time to yourself (not that you need one!) So you need to get another pod out (or a tablespoon full) - but this time don't add any water -  and pop it straight in the bowl. You then want to add a tablespoon of cocoa powder/hot chocolate, and a generous tablespoon of honey. Now the milk is the difficult part (its not really that hard - dramatic much), you need to add about 1/4 of a cup and give it a mix and then decided how thick you want it - more milk for a runny-ier mask. Once you've got the consistency you want apply it all over your face as you normally do with a mask.


These really did help to resurrect my skin, I used the scrub everyday and the mask twice in a week and my skin feels almost normal! This is where I NEED your help however, the scrub and mask are all well and good but I can not find a face cream that works so I'd love to know what you use! Also if you've got any detoxing or healthy lifestyle tips please send them this way as they would be much appreciated!!!

Sorry I've wittered on so much this week!

See you soon!

Lynds xx

No comments:

Post a Comment