Monday 4 August 2014

July (a little bit late) favourites

Helllooooo beauties!

Hope you are all well as always! This week I thought I'd jump on the lovely blogging bandwagon of showing my monthly favourites! 

 

Snapshot of the faves!




The Simple Kind to Skin - Vital Vitamin Foaming Cleanser


Foaming Cleansing Goodness


So this month this cleanser has been one of my main favourites - which, admittedly I only brought towards the end of the month to help with the skin issue (see my last blog). There are so many things I enjoy about the wash - aside from the fact everything's more interesting when it's foamy! It makes your skin feel so soft and refreshed and it seems to be making my skin brighter, if that even makes sense?!? Anyway I love it and I think you should give it a go! 

 
MUA Immaculate Collection Palette




So many colours *yay*


This month I have also been loving the 24 eye shadow palette from MUA! I mean it's quite obvious why I love this - 24 eye shadows in one place?!? How could I not love this! The shadows themselves are SO good as well, they have a fairly long wear to them and are quite pigmented which when he whole palette  cost only £8 it's a pretty good deal! I've been using the white and dark brown on a daily basis, along with a primer, and this has been last for the whole day! 

Seventeen Blemish BB Balm! 
You've seen this beauty before!
                                      



          
 
This product has been featured before on my blog but this month I have been wearing this literally everyday! As it gets sunnier and hotter I've been wearing mainly because it feel lighter so I don't feel caked in makeup and it adds a lovely dew to the skin which makes look like I could almost get a tan! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Nivea Lip Butter  

Smells as good as it looks!

 
 
 
This month I have also been in love with the Vanilla and Macadamia lip butter by Nivea! My lips have really been suffering the past few weeks, I'm blaming the weather changes and air con! Whatever the cause this lip balm has literally saved my lips. It has a lovely thick buttery consistency which always makes me feel like it's got a bit more oomph to it and has put soooo much moisture back into my smackers! A massive plus is the fact it smells so so so so nice!!! 











Plaits


My little perma-plaits


My final beauty based favourite is plaits... Now I'm not talking about majorly complicated waterfall three under blah blah plaits I'm talking your basic bread and butter three strand plait! And because I've been loving them so much I've made them a sort of semi permanent feature in my hair (I'm sure I won't regret this right?) by using a similar method to dread locking hair - twist, back comb and hairspray then ends of the plaits - the plaits stay in, so far they've a last a week (with very careful brushing). But anyway I'm loving having them in my hair and mean my hair doesn't look boring when I'm too lazy to do anything! 

Moving away from the beauty for two moments I thoughts id share more entertain faves - seen as happiness shows on the face (that's justification enough for me!)





The Fault in our Stars 

A little stereotypical, but this month I finally got round to finishing 'The Fault in our Stars' and I can honestly say it's one of the best things I've ever read! I was totally prepared to shed a tear, but it turned out what I actually did was sob my heart out!! It's one of those books that you forget you're reading and not part of the story, you actually forgot you don't know the characters and you have to remind yourself that it's fiction!! So yeah big thumbs up from me... Must remember tissues when re-reading it though! 




 

And finally, I have re-fallen in love with Ed Sheeran! I've always thought he was amazing and been a massive fan but after seeing him at Glastonbury and the release of his new album 'X' I have completely remembered why I used to spend around 19 hours a day listening to him! The new album is by far the best I've heard, probably ever! I'm sure this is nothing new to any of you... but now you know how I'll be spending the rest of the summer - sitting in my room swaying away to the ginger hair musical beauty, smiling like an idiot! 

And on that note, sorry for the extremely long post! 

Hopefully I'll have a tutorial for you need week!! Send me any looks you'd like to see me try, in the comments or on twitter!

See you soon! 

Lynds xx 

1 comment:

  1. Hey!

    I nominated you for a Liebster Award - you can find out more information by clicking emsylou.blogspot.co.uk


    Love your blog xx

    Emma xx || emsylou.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete